Our non-alcoholic, small batch jellies are excellent for an exquisite gourmet experience. Our extensive process of removing the alcohol from the jellies, yet retaining the subtle flavor of the various wines, appeal to the most discerning palates. Our jellies make a unique and delightful flavor experiences for family and friends as appetizers on crackers or in more adventurous crockpot meals, while grilling or frying, and as glazes.
Big or small parties, snacktime anytime, sumptuous meals...our dips mixes bring life to any cracker, chip, or baguette, chicken, salmon, pork chops and steak.
Available in three delicious mixes for sandwiches. Heat in the microwave for a few seconds, this becomes creamy goodness for a dip with fruit, on ice cream, or with graham crackers.
- Try spreading Herbert’s BANANAGANZA on your burger in place of ketchup!
· 1 1/2 lb asparagus
· 2 tbsp Olive oil
· 10 slices of prosciutto ham
· 4 tbsp Herbert’s Blackberry Cabernet wine jelly (or other favorite Herbert’s Wine Jelly)
· Pepper and salt to taste
1. Cut off 1/3 of lower part of asparagus and dispose of them.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F
3. Arrange upper parts of asparagus on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spread olive oil over asparagus.
6. Bake for 13 minutes.
7. Remove asparagus from oven and let cool on cold plate.
8. Roll a slice of prosciutto ham diagonally around each asparagus.
9. Arrange rolled asparagus on plate and put small dollops of wine jelly on asparagus.
· 1 French Baguette
· 1 package of cream cheese
· 4 tbsp of Herbert’s Pear Pinot Grigio
· Parsley for decoration (if desired)
1. Cut baguette into ¼ inch slides
2. Preheat oven to 350°F
3. Arrange baguette slices on aluminum lined baking sheet.
4. Put baking sheet on middle rack in oven and bake the slices for approximately 10 minutes, turning the slices after 5 minutes to insure crispiness on both sides. (time in oven may vary depending on type of bread used).
5. Remove bread from oven and let cool. If bread is not used the same day, put the slices in plastic bags and store in refrigerator.
6. Soften cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute (time depends on microwave used).
7. Mix Wine jelly with cream cheese until smooth mix is obtained; refrigerate for 1 hour.
8. Put cream cheese mix into piping bag and swirl onto bread slices.
9. Decorate with snippets of parsley (if desired).
· 1 seedless cucumber
· 1 package of regular cream cheese
· 4 tbsp of Herbert’s Orange Apple Chardonnay (or preferred wine jelly)
· 1 tbsp of Herbert’s Orange Apple Chardonnay
1. Mix cream cheese with 4 tbsp of wine jelly until creamy mixture; refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Peel cucumber in “zebra” pattern (see image).
3. Slice cucumbers into 1/8 inch slices and arrange on serving dish.
4. Put creamy mixture into piping bag and squeeze a swirl unto each cucumber slice.
5. From the remaining 1 tbsp of wine jelly, add a 1/8 tsp to each cucumber slice for decoration.
· ground beef: ¾ pound
· shredded sharp cheddar cheese: ½ cup
· Italian seasoned breadcrumbs: ½ cup
· large egg: 1
· 1 tbsp Herbert’s Herb Bacon Dip Mix
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil (or regular aluminum foil sprayed with nonstick spray).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir together thoroughly, or, if you prefer, mix with clean hands. Form the meat mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once, until golden. Serve with barbecue sauce for dipping.
· 1 1/2 lbs. plain meat balls
· 3 tbsp sour cream
· 1 jar of Herbert’s Sangria Wine Jelly (or Blackberry cabernet)
1. Combine sour cream and wine jelly in saucepan and mix gently.
2. Add meatballs to mixture and simmer gently, for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and check for readiness of meatballs after 15 minutes.
· 1 package of mild (or spicy) Italian sausage
· ½ jar of Herbert’s wine jelly
1. Sautee sausage in pan
2. Cut sausage in small bites and serve with a drizzle of wine jelly of choice.
· 6-5 oz. Salmon fillets
· 1/3 cup Herbert’s Pear Pinot Grigio wine jelly
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tbsp olive oil (or butter)
· 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
· 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
· 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil, stir in garlic and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until soft, stirring frequently.
2. Add wine jelly, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
3. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
4. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange fish fillets.
5. Brush fillets with wine jelly mixture and sprinkle oregano over the fillets. Keep some mixture for after cooking.
6. Bake on middle rack in 400⁰F pre-heated oven for about 12 minutes until fish is flaky. Do not overcook.
7. Arrange fish on serving plate and brush with remaining wine jelly mixture.
· 6 boneless pounded flat chicken breasts
· 1/3 cup of Herbert’s Mango Moscato wine jelly
· medium onion, chopped finely
· 1 package of 8 oz cream cheese
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Additional wine jelly for sauce, if desired.
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
2. Mix cream cheese and wine jelly until smooth mixture is obtained.
3. Place spoonful of mixture and spoonful of onion on each chicken breast.
4. Roll up each chicken breast and secure with tooth pick.
5. Line glass baking dish with aluminum foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Arrange stuffed chicken breasts in baking dish and bake for 30 minutes in center of oven.
7. If desired, gently warm up additional jelly to serve with the stuffed chicken breasts.
· 1- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed
· ½ cup Herbert’s Apple Merlot wine jelly
· Salt and Pepper to taste
· 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
· 2 ½ tsp Dijon Mustard (Grey Poupon recommended)
1. Preheat oven to 375⁰F.
2. Rub pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.
3. Mix wine jelly, butter (or olive oil) and mustard until smooth mixture is obtained.
4. Put tenderloin in glass baking dish lined with aluminum foil.
5. Baste tenderloin with wine jelly mixture.
6. Bake in center of oven for 15 minutes, turn the tenderloin and baste with wine jelly mixture.
7. Bake for another 15 minutes. Baste again, cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
8. Slice meat after letting it rest for about 5 – 8 minutes.
· 1 to 1 ½ pounds of turkey breast (or chicken breast)
· 2 tbsp of melted butter or olive oil
· Salt and pepper to taste
· ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper (optional)
· 1 jar of Herbert’s wine jelly
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
2. Rub salt and pepper over turkey breast.
3. Place turkey breast in aluminum-lined baking pan.
4. Drizzle melted butter or olive oil over turkey breast.
5. Gently sprinkle the optional cayenne pepper over the turkey breast.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes per pound of turkey breast.
7. Serve the turkey breast with the wine jelly on the side.
· 3 lb pack Kielbasa
· One 6 oz Jar of Herbert’s Orange Pineapple Chardonnay wine jelly
· ¼ cup of Ketchup
· ¼ cup of chicken broth
· One 12 oz package of frozen 3 Pepper and Onions
· Hard rolls
1. Slice Kielbasa according to length of rolls you will use.
2. In a large skillet or pot, brown Kielbasa on all sides.
3. Mix Herbert’s wine jelly with ¼ cup of ketchup and chicken broth; pour over Kielbasa.
4. Add frozen peppers and onions.
5. Cover and simmer until kielbasa splits open.
6. Occasionally check to make sure there is enough liquid so Kielbasa doesn’t burn; add more broth if necessary. (Flavor intensifies with cook time and can be made ahead; it also stores well.)
7. Place Kielbasa on rolls; spoon a little of Herbert’s sauce with the peppers and onions and serve with a side of potato salad and baked beans. This is a genuine crowd–pleaser!
* This recipe works well with other Herbert’s wine jelly, such as Apple Merlot, Blackberry Cabernet Sauvignon, and Lager: try them all!
· 2 lbs. Cheese Tortellini, fresh or frozen
· 3 tbsp. Salted Butter
· 1.5 tbsp Herbert’s Italian Dip/Seasoning Mix
1. Cook tortellini according to package instructions; drain water. (Cooking times may vary depending on whether you are using fresh or frozen tortellini.
2. Add the dip mix and stir.
· 1 lb. 99/1 Ground Turkey
· 1 ½ tbsp. Herbert’s Spicy Ranch Dip/Seasoning Mix
· 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 12 Slider Rolls
1. Combine the turkey, dip and oil; mix well.
2. Section the meat mixture into 12 equal portions and form small burgers with them.
3. Grill approximately 3-5 minutes per side or until the meat is no longer pink on the inside.
4. Place the burger on the roll; then top with 1 tsp. of Horseradish Dressing.
· Olive oil
· Pizza Dough (or crescent rolls)
· Herbert’s Italian Herb Dip/Seasoning Mix
· 2 medium potatoes, coarsely grated
· ¼ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Brush baking sheet with olive oil.
3. Press and stretch dough to cover baking sheet.
4. Mix potatoes and herb dip and spread over dough.
5. Cover with shredded cheese.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
· 2 Salmon Fillets
· Herbert’s Dill Dip/Seasoning Mix
· 1 tbsp Olive oil
1. Coat both sides of fillets with Herbert’s Dill Dip/Seasoning Mix.
2. In medium pan, heat olive oil.
3. Place fish skinless side down in pan. Cover with lid or foil and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
4. Flip fish and cook another 3-4 minutes.
· 2 Boneless chicken Pieces
· Herbert’s Italian Herb Dip/Seasoning Mix x
· Olive Oil
1. Dip chicken pieces in milk, then cover with Italian Herb Dip/Seasoning Mix.
2. Heat olive oil in pan on medium-high heat.
3. Cook chicken in heated pan for 6-7 minutes, flip and cook for 5 additional minutes.
4. If desired, sprinkle additional Herb Dip Mix on chicken.
5. Continue cooking until fully cooked.
· 4 Flounder Fillets
· 1/4 c. black olives – optional
· 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
· Herbert’s Fiesta Herb Dip/Seasoning Mix
1. Preheat broiler to high. Line baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
2. Broil flounder for 6 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Mix dip, olives and tomatoes in small pot and heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir often.
4. Transfer fish to platter and top with sauce. Garnish with parsley.
· 2 Salmon Fillets
· ¼ c. Herbert’s Orange Pineapple Chardonnay wine jelly
· Olive Oil
1. Heat pan with olive oil until hot.
2. Cook salmon for 2-4 minutes on both sides.
3. Turn skin side down and spread Orange Pineapple Chardonnay jelly on salmon and cook for 3-4 minutes.
· Pork Roast
· Herbert’s Fiesta Dip/Seasoning Mix
· Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Mix Fiesta Dip Mix with olive oil to create paste.
3. Cover all sides of pork roast.
4. Roast 36-38 minutes or until cooked through (145°F).
When meat or fish is cooked halfway, baste with Herbert’s wine jellies
(1 tsp per meat)!
· Chicken with Mango Moscato
· Hamburgers with Apple Merlot
· Pork with Pear Pinot Grigio
· Salmon with Orange Pineapple Chardonnay
When preparing foil-wrapped foods on the grill, add Herbert’s wine jellies or dip mixes right in the foil-wrap!
· Corn with Orange Pineapple Chardonnay
· Asparagus with Mango Moscato
· 1 pack Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie mix
· 1 jar Herbert’s Blackberry Cabernet Wine Jelly
· 1 lb. cream cheese, softened
· 2 tbsp butter or non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Grease 8”x8” baking pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
3. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package.
4. Spread mix in greased pan.
5. Bake as directed on package.
6. Mix cream cheese with wine jelly.
7. Spread cream cheese mixture on brownies after cooling for 20 minutes.
8. Cut brownies into squares when completely cooled.
· 1 jar Herbert’s Strawberry Daiquiri Wine Jelly
· 1/2 cup butter
· 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
· 1 cup flour
· 1 cup granola or similar cereal
· 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat to 400°F.
2. Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add soda, flour and mix.
3. Stir in granola.
4. Grease 8’ by 8’ square pan with vegetable oil or non-cooking spray.
5. Press 3/4 of mixture into pan into very thin, even layer.
6. Spread jelly evenly over granola mixture (leave a rim of 1/8“ from pan sides).
7. Evenly crumble the remaining granola mixture over the jelly.
8. Place pan in middle of oven and bake for 17 – 20 minutes until top is golden brown.
· 1 medium unpeeled banana per person
· 1/2 jar Herbert’s wine jelly of choice
1. Preheat oven to 325°F
2. Put banana(s) on baking sheet.
3. Bake for 17 – 20 minutes
4. Remove bananas from oven, split banana(s) open lengthwise.
5. Spoon wine jelly over banana and serve immediately.
· 1 pack of Shortbread Cookies
· 1 jar of Herbert’s wine jelly of choice
1. Arrange Shortbread cookies in single layer on serving tray.
2. Pipe wine jelly on each cookie and, voila, a tasty and beautiful cookie to serve your guests!
· Your favorite flavor of Herbert’s Peanut Butter Spread
· Your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe
1. Replace 4 oz. of the peanut butter with Herbert’s Peanut Butter Spread.
2. Continue as directed in recipe.
· Pre-made butter or ginger snap cookies
· Herbert’s Caramel Delight Peanut Butter Spread
1. Place peanut butter between two cookies as a fun treat!
· 1 banana
· ½ cup strawberries
· ½ cup ice cubes
· 2 Tbsp honey
· 2 Tbsp Herbert’s Bananaganza Peanut Butter Spread
1. Mix all ingredients in blender and serve.
*Substitute ice cream for ice and have a milk shake!
· 2 c. 2% Milk
· 4 Large Eggs
· 1.5 T Herbert’s Italian Dip
· 2 c. All-Purpose Flour
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
· 2 cups flour
· 1 T Herbert’s Dill Dip mix
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
· 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded extra-sharp cheddar
· 1/4 cup (2 oz.) shredded parmesan
· 1/2 cup low-fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
2. With your fingers or a fork, work butter into flour mixture until it resembles cornmeal studded with a few pea-size pieces.
3. Stir in cheeses and dill dip mix.
4. Add milk and stir to combine.
5. Transfer dough to a floured surface and gently knead 2 or 3 times until it comes together.
6. Pat into a 1-in.-thick disk and cut into 8 triangles.
7. Arrange triangles about 2 in. apart on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 20 minutes.
* These scones are best the day they’re made, but freeze well, wrapped in 2 layers of plastic wrap. Unwrap and bake frozen at 350° until warm, 10 minutes
· 1 Tbsp Herbert’s Herb Bacon Dip Mix
· 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
· 2 Tbsp sugar
· 1 egg
· 2/3 cup milk
1. Combine biscuit mix, 1 Tbsp Herbert’s Herb Bacon Dip, and sugar. In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
· 12 teaspoons Herbert’s wine jelly of choice
· 2 cups Bisquick mix
· ¾ cup of milk
· 1 egg
· 2 tbsp of melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix Bisquick, milk and egg until smooth mixture.
3. Grease each cup of medium muffin pan with melted butter.
4. Fill ½ of each cup with Bisquick mixture.
5. Spoon 1 tsp of Herbert’s wine jelly into the center of each muffin cup.
6. Fill cups to 2/3 full with remaining batter.
7. Bake 15 minutes in middle of oven.
· Donut holes (prepared or purchased)
· Assorted Herbert’s Wine Jellies
1. Use squeeze bottles for each flavor
2. Squirt Wine Jelly into the donut until filled. Yum!!
· Pancake Mix
· 1 jar Herbert’s Bananaganza Peanut Butter Spread
1. Mix pancake mix as directed
2. Add Bananaganza Peanut Butter Spread to mixture
3. Cook pancakes as directed
* Also try other Herbert’s peanut butter flavors
**Also great with waffle mix